In this series of posts I am spotlighting the sessions and speakers in the 3-day (English speaking) MWL track that will take place at LearnTec in Karlsruhe, Germany 29-31 January 2019 (LearnTec is Europe’s No. 1 trade show and congress focusing on digital learning.)
I am delighted that Clark Quinn will be joining us on for the 3-day MWL track.
On Tuesday 29 January 2019 he will lead a session on Professionalism in Practice: Debunking Learning Myths, Superstitions, and Misconceptions
In this interactive double session Clark will:
- debunk myths that hinder our profession
- uncover superstitions that plague our solutions
- unpack misconceptions that cloud our judgment
- provide a learning science overview to ground our approaches
- offer a process for cutting through the hype
Clark Quinn, Ph.D., helps Fortune 500, government, not-for-profit, and educational organizations align technology with how we think, work, and learn. He integrates creativity, cognitive science, and technology to develop award-winning online content, educational computer games, and websites, as well as adaptive, mobile, and performance systems. After an academic career, Dr. Quinn has served as an executive in online and elearning initiatives and has an international reputation as a consultant, speaker, and author, with five books (including Millenials, Goldfish & Other Training Misconceptions) and numerous articles and chapters. Clark was awarded the eLearning Guild’s Guild Master award in 2012.
Clark is a partner of the Internet Time Alliance along with me and Harold Jarche and Charles Jennings.
You can find the overview of the 3-day MWL track HERE. The full programme with details of all the tracks in the 27th LearnTec Congress is available to download (as a PDF) HERE. Early bird tickets are available HERE.
I look forward to seeing you in Karlsruhe in 2019.
Latest posts by Jane Hart (see all)
- Online Workshop: Empowering Self-Development at Work - 23 February 2022
- Online Workshop: Social and Collaborative Learning at Work - 5 January 2022
- Online Workshop: Learning from the daily work - 11 October 2021
- Online Workshop: Modern Training Practices - 24 August 2021
- Online workshop: Empowering self-development at work - 23 June 2021