On 17 April, 2018 to mark the 20th anniversary of the Dommel Valley Group I was invited to participate in a panel discussion on Trends in L&D – past and future, together with Bob Mosher and Prof. Joseph Keppels as we had all given keynotes to the Dommel Valley Group in the past. I appeared remotely whilst Bob and Joseph were there in person (as you can see in the photo to the right).
The first part of the session was for each panelist was to respond to the following questions:
- What has changed in the L&D context since the time of your keynote?
- Which of your recommendations have been put into practice? Which of your predictions came true?
- Which of your recommendations have not (yet) been implemented? Which of your predictions decidedly did not come true?
- Looking into the future, which new recommendations would you make?
In 2011 I gave my keynote on The impact of social media on workplace learning. Here is the 3 minute video summary of that keynote.
I prepared a short (3 minute) video myself on my responses to the questions above. Here it is.
After which, we answered a number of questions about L&D trends. If you would like to see the full recording of the panel discussion, you can do so in the video below.
Latest posts by Jane Hart (see all)
- Modern Workplace Learning 2019 now available as a paperback - 7 January 2019
- Jane Hart’s Pick of the Year - 31 December 2018
- The 10 most read articles in the Modern Workplace Learning Magazine in 2018 - 27 December 2018
- A Professional’s Guide to Modern Learning - 18 December 2018
- The role of the Modern Learning Advisor in today’s workplace - 11 December 2018