Although most L&D departments focus on training people to do their jobs, research tells us that most of what employees learn at work happens as they do their jobs. In fact, when team members work together closely, share reflections and resources on a regular basis, they continuously learn from each other. This opens up new opportunities for L&D to help managers and individuals get the most out of – and learn from – their daily working experiences.
So, in our upcoming online workshop. Supporting Learning from the Daily Work, we look at how to work with managers and individuals so that they can get the most out of – and learn from – their daily working experiences as well as how to help build and support a knowledge sharing culture.
Workshop runs: 22 October – 2 December 2018
The agenda of the 6-week online workshop is as follows.
- Week 1: How to help managers enable learning as part of daily work
- Week 2: How to help individuals learn from their daily work
- Week 3: How to help managers support reflective practices at work
- Week 4: How to help managers enable developmental practices at work
- Week 5: How to help managers enable a knowledge sharing culture at work
- Week 6: How to help teams and groups make good use of a collaboration platform
This is not a traditional course, where I provide all the content and then test you on it! It is a social learning experience. Each week I release a number of tasks or activities for you to work on individually – in your own time – and where you are encouraged to share your thoughts and your work with the rest of the group. Note: there are NO synchronous activities, so the workshop is suitable for any timezone.
Nothing is compulsory, but you will find that the more you “work out loud” with the other participants, the more you will get out of the workshop. You will probably want to commit a couple of hours a week for this workshop, but once again it is up to you how much time you devote to it, and also when you do the work and how you fit it into your life.
Participation in the workshop also includes access to my new resource book, Continuous Improvement, Learning & Development.
To keep the fees as low as possible we offer a number of ways to pay.
|Ways to pay||This workshop only||All 3 MWL workshops
(follow link for more information)
|If you are happy with a PayPal receipt, payment can be made by credit card or PayPal. Just click on the Buy Now button below and follow the PayPal payment instructions. This is the simplest and cheapest way to pay and best for those who can expense their fees.||£129||£297|
|If you want an invoice/VAT/receipt and/or want to pay by inter-bank transfer. Please note payment will need to be made in advance of the workshop date, and also note if payment requires us to be set up as a supplier in your system then this will incur an additional admin fee. Please email Jane.Hart@C4LPT.co.uk.||£149||£317|
PayPal payment instructions
- When you click the Buy Now button you will be taken to a page at the PayPal site to pay. Either Sign in to your PayPal account OR Check out as Guest to pay by credit card. Complete the form with your credit card details. You will also receive a payment receipt. Note: our merchant name is Tesserae Ltd, and this is the name that will appear on your credit card statement
- Where there is more than one participant, please provide the name and email address of each participant in the Instructions to Merchant.
- Click Return to Tesserae Ltd to return to this site.
- You will then receive an email from us with your joining details.
- If you do not receive the email within 24 hours, please contact jane.hart@C4LPT.co.uk
Latest posts by Jane Hart (see all)
- How to support learning from the daily work - 8 October 2018
- What does the Top Tools for Learning 2018 list tell us about the future direction of L&D? - 2 October 2018
- 10 Trends for Digital Learning in 2018 - 24 September 2018
- Building a culture of continuous improvement, learning & development at work - 11 September 2018
- The future of enterprise learning technologies - 23 July 2018