In this series of posts I am spotlighting the sessions and speakers in the 3-day (English speaking) MWL track that will take place at LearnTec in Karlsruhe, Germany 29-31 January 2019 (LearnTec is Europe’s No. 1 trade show and congress focusing on digital learning.)
How to work with managers to enable learning in the daily work
Thursday 31 January 10.45-12.15
Research tells us we spend much more time learning as part the daily flow of work than in formal learning (the ‘70’ and ‘20’ in 70:20:10). Good managers support their people to exploit this daily workplace learning. However, many managers need help to do this. Charles Jennings will run this session in two parts:
- Part 1 (10.45-11.30) will examine the challenge of engaging managers to support their teams’ development in daily flow of work. It will provide some examples of success and ideas you can use.
- Part 2 (11.30-12.15) will be a practical session, using tools and techniques to explore and share effective approaches that managers can use to support their teams’ learning and performance improvement in the daily flow of work.
Charles Jennings is known globally for his work with the 70:20:10 model. He is co-founder of the 70:20:10 Institute and a Partner of the Internet Time Alliance. His background includes roles as a business school professor, as head of the UK National Centre for Network-Based Learning, and as chief learning officer for Reuters and Thomson Reuters. Charles is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (FRSA) and Fellow of the Learning & Performance Institute (FLPI).
You can find the overview of the 3-day MWL track HERE. The full programme with details of all the tracks in the 27th LearnTec Congress is available to download (as a PDF) HERE. Early bird tickets are available HERE.
I look forward to seeing you in Karlsruhe in 2019.
Latest posts by Jane Hart (see all)
- How much time do you spend self-learning? - 13 April 2019
- Build the bridge to self-learning: Help individuals help themselves - 8 April 2019
- 10 Myths about Modern Workplace Learning - 4 April 2019
- Creating modern training, content, events and experiences - 18 February 2019
- The role of the Modern Learning Advisor in today’s workplace - 6 February 2019