Although L&D departments have focused on training people to do their jobs, research tells us that most of what employees learn at work happens as they do their job – it’s just that they are not aware of it or make the most of it. And, when team members work together closely, share reflections and resources on a regular basis, they continuously learn from each other. This, in fact, is where the real social learning takes place. So, in this 6-week online workshop we look at how to work with managers and individuals so that they get the most out of – and learn from – their daily working experiences as well as ow you can help to build and support a knowledge sharing culture in teams as well as across the organisation.
- The role of the manager in enabling learning as a part of daily work
- Managing up: helping individuals can get the most out of their manager
- Supporting individual and collective reflection
- Helping managers build a knowledge sharing culture in their teams
- Supporting communities of practice
- Helping teams make good use of a social space for knowledge sharing
Workshop participation also includes access to the new online resource, Continuous Improvement, Learning & Development.
ABOUT THIS ONLINE WORKSHOP
- This is not a traditional course, where I provide all the content and then test you on it! It is a social experience hosted in a private channel in our Slack workspace.
- Each week I will release a number of tasks or activities for you to work on individually – in your own time – and where you are encouraged to share your thoughts and your work with the rest of the group. Note: there are NO synchronous activities, so the workshop is suitable for any time-zone.
- Nothing is compulsory, but you will find that the more you “work out loud” with the other participants, the more you will get out of the workshop.
- You will probably want to commit a couple of hours a week for this workshop, but once again it is up to you how much time you devote to it, and also when you do the work and how you fit it into your life.
“A big thank you for hosting this workshop Jane and to all the participants who participated. I learned a lot from the activities and I am integrating what I learned into my work with nonprofit organizations. Modern Workplace Learning is such a simple way to convey the continuum of activities, mindsets, models and strategies that make up this work we are doing.”
“I have really enjoyed this workshop, so I have booked my whole team on the next one so they can experience a modern social learning experience – of people sharing their thoughts and experiences from across the globe and from different types of organisations.”
(Note: if you have already purchased access to the CILD online resource, please email Jane.Hart@C4LPT.co.uk to pay a discounted fee.)
To keep our fees as low as possible we offer a number of ways of payment:
- £129 – If you are happy with a PayPal receipt, payment can be made by credit card or PayPal. Just click on the Buy Now button below and follow the payment instructions. Simplest and cheapest way to pay and best for those who can expense their fees.
- £149 – If you want an invoice/VAT/receipt and/or want to pay by inter-bank transfer. Please note payment will need to be made in advance of the workshop date, and also note if payment requires us to be set up as a supplier in your system then this occurs an additional admin fee. Please email Jane.Hart@C4LPT.co.uk.
- When you click the Buy Now button you will be taken to a page at the PayPal site to pay. Either Sign in to your PayPal account OR Check out as Guest to pay by credit card. Complete the form with your credit card details. You will also receive a payment receipt. Note: our merchant name is Tesserae Ltd, and this is the name that will appear on your credit card statement
- Where there is more than one participant, please provide the name and email address of each participant in the Instructions to Merchant.
- Click Return to Tesserae Ltd to return to this site.
- You will then receive an email from us with your joining details.
- If you do not receive the email within 24 hours, please contact email@example.com