Next public workshop runs: 15 January – 2 March 2018
In the modern workplace it is no longer enough for L&D to just organise and manage modern training they also need to enable and support continuous independent learning. In this 7-week online workshop we look at how to help managers and individuals adopt a modern professional learning mindset as well as empower individuals to take responsibility for their own continuous self-improvement (in their existing job) and self-development (to prepare for the future).
[Note: This is the second in a series of two workshops looking at Modern Workplace Learning. The first is Designing, Delivering and Managing Modern Training Experiences for the Workplace]
- Changing mindsets: Preparing individuals and managers for continuous independent learning
- Helping managers enable and support continuous independent learning
- Helping individuals learn from their daily work
- Helping individuals acquire (or hone) the skills of learning on the Web
- Helping individuals provide structure to their planned learning by managing their own professional development
- Helping individuals to share what they learn in their teams and across the organisation
- Putting in place a Learning Concierge/Help Desk service for ongoing support.
ABOUT THIS ONLINE WORKSHOP
- This is not a traditional course, where I provide all the content and then test you on it! It is a social experience hosted in a private Yammer group. Each week I will release a number of tasks or activities for you to work on individually – in your own time – and where you are encouraged to share your thoughts and your work with the rest of the group. Note: there are NO synchronous activities, so the workshop is suitable for any time-zone.
- Nothing is compulsory, but you will find that the more you “work out loud” with the other participants, the more you will get out of the workshop.
- You will probably want to commit a couple of hours a week for this workshop, but once again it is up to you how much time you devote to it, and also when you do the work and how you fit it into your life.
- You will also receive a copy of the e-book, Supporting Continuous Independent Learning at Work, which contains the readings for this workshop
“A big thank you for hosting this workshop Jane and to all the participants who participated. I learned a lot from the activities and I am integrating what I learned into my work with nonprofit organizations. Modern Workplace Learning is such a simple way to convey the continuum of activities, mindsets, models and strategies that make up this work we are doing.”
- £129 – If you are happy with a PayPal receipt, payment can be made by credit card or PayPal. Just click on the Buy Now button below and follow the payment instructions.
- £149 – If you want an invoice/VAT/receipt and/or want to pay by inter-bank transfer, please email Jane.Hart@C4LPT.co.uk. Please note all payment will need to be made in advance of the workshop date.
- When you click the Buy Noe button you will be taken to a page at the PayPal site to pay. Either Sign in to you PayPal account OR Check out as Guest to pay by credit card. Complete the form with your credit card details. You will also receive a payment receipt. Note: our merchant name is Tesserae Ltd, and this is the name that will appear on your credit card statement
- Where there is more than one participant, please provide the name and email address of each participant in the Instructions to Merchant.
- Click Return to Tesserae Ltd to return to this site.
- You will then receive an email from us with your joining details.
- If you do not receive the email within 24 hours, please contact email@example.com