This page of resources look at the importance of social learning and social collaboration in work teams and groups.
- complexity and social learning Harold Jarche looks at the difference between cooperation and collaboration (April 2016)
- 4 myths of social learning Helen Blunden dispels 4 myths of what it means to support and enable opportunities for their workforce to learn collaboratively with each other in and during the flow of their every day work – that is, “social learning”. (March 2016)
- Is Your Company Encouraging Employees to Share What They Know? Christopher Myers explains that for today’s knowledge-based work, much of what we need to know we learn from others’ experiences, through what’s called vicarious learning. (November 2015)
- We learn better when we learn together, Jane Dutton and Emma Heaphy show there are at least eight different ways we can grow and improve through high-quality connecting. (January 2016)
- Collaboration Snakes and Ladders Alistair Webb explains the rules: Wrong move, and down the snake you slide. Right move, up the ladder you go. (February 2016)
- Why Messaging Has the Momentum in Business Collaboration David Carr shows how the momentum in business collaboration has shifted from enterprise social networks to relatively simple desktop and mobile messaging apps (August 2015)