In this series of posts I am spotlighting the sessions and speakers in the 3-day (English speaking) MWL track that will take place at LearnTec in Karlsruhe, Germany 29-31 January 2019 (LearnTec is Europe’s No. 1 trade show and congress focusing on digital learning.)
On Wednesday 30 January, the morning session will be focused on Promoting Continuous Learning in the Organisation and I very pleased that we have two great speakers in that session:
Anca Iordache will first be talking about Using a learning campaign to promote continuous learning in the organisation where she will share Citi Bank’s story of transforming the Learning and Development function:
- she will show how the aim was to empower Citi’s employees to take control of their own development
- she will share their campaign approach to embedding a culture of continuous learning in the organisation
- she will provide practical examples of how Citi brought this to life while leveraging the 70-20-10 model, and using highly engaging marketing, digital and social learning approaches.
- she will share how they re-invented the role of the L&D professional at Citi to drive organizational change and performance impact.
Anca is Head of Digital and Social Learning, Citi EMEA region. In her everyday work, Anca helps employees and teams across the organization become more effective at how they learn and perform. She creates value by enabling better conversations and collaboration at all levels of the organization. Anca has been with Citi for almost 15 years, and together with her team, she is leading the efforts to develop a culture of workplace learning at Citi, with social and digital at its heart. Anca spends a significant part of her time and energy helping leaders utilizing new learning and collaboration technologies and platforms, as well as advising on large scale culture and change initiatives. A Romanian-born, global citizen, she brings curiosity, empathy and courage to everything she does, including raising her two boys, learning and unlearning, connecting ideas and people; and influencing the learning evolution, at Citi and beyond.
Stephen Walsh will then talk about Learning in the workflow: How to make it happen with the tools your team already has. He will show
- why continuous learning in the workflow matters
- what it means in practice for learning professionals
- how tools like Slack can be your stealth learning and collaboration platforms
- how to easily curate recent and relevant content to support learning in the workflow
Stephen is a Co-Founder of Anders Pink. Stephen has over 20 years of experience in Learning and Technology working in the US and Europe. He co-founded Kineo in the UK which grew to be a global leader in learning technology, designing solutions for clients including Apple, Sony and McDonalds. Kineo was acquired by City & Guilds in 2012. Stephen is a co-founder of Anders Pink, a content curation tool that helps teams stay smart and continuously learn about any topic and integrates with any learning or collaboration platform: www.anderspink.com. He is also also a co-founder of BuzzSumo and an advisor to multiple learning technology companies. A regular blogger, writer and speaker and author of 2 books on continuous learning and content curation, Stephen was honoured to be included in the 2017 elearning movers and shakers list. He is passionate about continuous learning, new technology, start-ups and business growth.
You can find the overview of the 3-day MWL track HERE. The full programme with details of all the tracks in the 27th LearnTec Congress is available to download (as a PDF) HERE. Early bird tickets are available HERE.
I look forward to seeing you in Karlsruhe in 2019.
Latest posts by Jane Hart (see all)
- Online Workshop: Social and Collaborative Learning at Work - 5 January 2022
- Online Workshop: Learning from the daily work - 11 October 2021
- Online Workshop: Modern Training Practices - 24 August 2021
- Online workshop: Empowering self-development at work - 23 June 2021
- MWL Daily has a new look - 27 May 2021