In the modern workplace every employee needs to take responsibility for their own self-improvement; there is no longer such as a job for life so everyone will constantly need to think about not just improving in their current job but preparing for a future job too.
So how can we help individuals become self-reliant, self-organised and self-managed? In other words, how can we help them build the new skills they will need to survive and thrive in the modern workplace? Furthermore, how can you hone your own skills too – in order to be best placed to help your people?
One way is through 30 Day Learning Challenges.
It is said that it takes 30 days to establish a new habit, so our 30 Day Learning Challenges are intended to help kick-start modern learning habits that will last a lifetime. In other words, every day for 30 days there is a short task to help participants build the new habit.
Our first five Learning Challenges have now been announced, and they are as follows. Click through the links below to find out more.
- Learn something new every day – This Challenge will help you build a habit of learning something new every day. Your goal is to find a number of useful sources that will inspire you to continue to learn something new after the Challenge ends.
- Get the most out of your day job – This Challenge will help you get the most out of your day job so that you can benefit from your everyday work activities. Your goal is to develop a number of new approaches to learn from your daily work experiences that you will be able to continue after the Challenge ends.
- Manage your own self-development – This Challenge will help you develop the habit of organising and managing your own self-development. Your goal is to get started on a process for continuing professional self development that you will continue after the Challenge ends.
- Enhance your professional network – This Challenge will help you build from scratch and/or enhance your existing professional network. Your goal is to build a process for enhancing your own professional network that will continue after the Challenge ends.
- Keep up to date with your industry or profession – This Challenge will focus on a variety of other ways to help you keep yourself up to date in your industry or profession. Your goal is to identify a number of approaches and tools that will allow you to continuously keep up to date with your industry or profession after the Challenge ends.
Latest posts by Jane Hart (see all)
- The 10 most popular articles in the MWL Magazine in 2017 - 12 December 2017
- From training delivery to continuous learning - 27 November 2017
- A Modern Professional Learner’s Toolkit for 2018 - 7 November 2017
- The role of L&D in 2018 - 30 October 2017
- How to become a Modern Professional Learner - 24 October 2017