THE NEXT PUBLIC CHALLENGE RUNS 30 MAY – 19 AUGUST
Transformation of workplace learning won’t just come from digitising training, but changing the very essence of what “learning” means in the company, through both a new understanding of how it happens in the workplace (i.e. not just through conventional training) but as people carry out their daily job as well as how performance problems can be solved in different ways.
“If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you!”
This Challenge consists of 12 Activities (some of which contain more than one task). Part A is designed for you to experience a range of different learning approaches, so that in Part B you can consider how to put them into practice in your own organisation.
|PART A||PART B|
Note: All participants will receive a PDF copy of Jane Hart’s Modern Workplace Learning book as part of the Challenge materials.
ABOUT THIS CHALLENGE
- This is not a traditional course, where I provide all the content and then test you on it! It is a social experience hosted in a private Yammer group. Each week you are invited to work on a practical activity and then share your thoughts and your work with the rest of the group.
- Nothing is compulsory, but you will find that the more you “work out loud” with the other participants, the more you will get out of the workshop. Even showing “raw” examples of your work is valuable for others to see, it doesn’t have to be a perfect product. And of course, it is also helpful to comment on each others work as well as consider how their ideas might work within your own organization. However, if you would like a Challenge Completion Certificate you will need to complete a final activity.
- You will probably want to commit a couple of hours a week for this workshop, but once again it is up to you how much time you devote to it, and also when you do the work.
FEEDBACK FROM THE PREVIOUS CHALLENGE
“Jane Hart’s L&D challenge takes you through all of the steps for implementing a shift in the role of L&D towards facilitating social and everyday learning, both at personal and organizational levels. I took part in most of the activities, which are relevant and interesting (and fun!) but there is no obligation to participate if something isn’t relevant to your organization or if you don’t have time that week. This takes away the guilt I often feel when I participate late or not at all during a course and so I never lost the motivation to continue working through it. I highly recommend it to everyone – beginners and experts alike.” Carolyn Gregoire
“If you’re in Learning & Development, you know that you need to change. Traditional Training won’t cut it any more. You need to shape and support modern workplace learning – informal, social, beyond the course and LMS. Jane’s Challenge takes this from an abstract, scary task and makes it possible. The interactions with other professionals are invaluable – you realise you’re not alone and everyone’s willing to help each other out with ideas and practical tips. You’ll come through the challenge with a fresh set of insights for reinvigorating your approach to supporting your business. Highly Recommended.” Stephen Walsh
“The Challenge is a unique learning experience. I would recommended it to anyone in L&D who would like to understand not only where the role of the L&D Practitioner is heading but who also wants to be involved in shaping the role too.
I enjoyed experiencing first-hand one of Jane Hart’s modern approaches to learning – the Guided Social Learning Experience – which is the way in which The Challenge is structured. I think it is both an effective (and enjoyable) structure and I learned a huge amount by completing the weekly Challenge activities and by learning with others on Yammer.
I found Jane’s MWL book (provided as a resource in the program) to be thought-provoking and an excellent read and one that I have continuously referred to. I also found the links to the articles, blog posts, tools etc. written and/or provided by Jane for the activities to be both current and of the best quality.
I will definitely miss receiving the weekly Challenge activity. They not only made me think but they also gave me the proverbial ‘kick’ to try out new activities and tools, and to develop new personal and organisational learning skills and habits.” Justine Jardine
- £149 – for immediate payment by credit card or PayPal. Follow the payment instructions below
- £199 – for payment by company invoice. 10% discount for purchase of 10 or more places (not necessarily on the same workshop/challenge). Contact Jane.Hart@C4LPT.co.uk for more information
Once you click on the relevant sign up link above you will be taken to a page at the PayPal site to pay.
- SIGN UP HERE
- You can pay in two ways:
- By credit card: select Pay with a debit or credit card in the right-hand column, and complete the form with your credit card details. You can also print a receipt here too. Note: our merchant name is Tesserae Ltd, and this is the name that will appear on your credit card statement.
- By PayPal: enter your PayPal details in the box shown.
- Where there is more than one participant, please provide the name and email address of each participant in the Instructions to Merchant.
- Click Return to Tesserae Ltd to return to this site.
- You will then receive an email from us with your joining details.
- If you do not receive the email within 24 hours, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org