- Sign up for your proposed (new) network
- Locate the Help or Support pages to find out how to get started
- Start by connecting with 5-10 people of personal or professional interest If you choose Twitter – why not try some of these 50 people
- Listen to what people are saying
- When you feel comfortable, respond to some posts/updates
- When you are ready, write your own posts/updates
- Add a new connection on a weekly basis – or more as you wish.
- Share your own network connection details with your colleagues, perhaps even add the details to your email signature.
In a new entry in your Learning Log, write about ow easy it was to get started with professional networking.