Next public online programme runs 12 January – 13 March 2015 (10 weeks)
A Social Learning Practitioner is a learning professional who encourages, enables and supports knowledge sharing and collaboration across their organisation – not just in training. He/she is a role model, leading the way by showing the business what it is to be social, and modelling the new knowledge sharing and collaboration practices that are required for the modern business to operate effectively in the modern world.
The Social Learning Practitioner Programme (SLPP) runs over 10 weeks and consists of 25 activities for you to do on your own or with your work team to develop your own personal social learning skills as well as work (and learn) collaboratively with your team. These activities promote network thinking, the use of social tools for self-organised professional learning, and help to develop knowledge sharing and collaboration skills. During the Programme you will be supported by Jane Hart as well as other participants in a private group space (aka as a Learning Lounge). Participants will also receive a Certificate of Achievement when they have demonstrated evidence of completion of the challenges, so if you have already undertaken any of them before, all you need to do is evidence what you have done.
The activities are based around the following weekly topics
- Getting started and reviewing your needs [also includes an optional initial web meeting]
- Working out loud
- Professional networking
- Using Twitter [also includes an optional Twitter live chat]
- Communities of practice
- Keeping up to date
- Exploring wider educational opportunities [also includes an optional Twitter live chat]
- Performance support
- Reviewing your work [also includes an optional final web meeting]
Participants on SLPP will also receive a copy of the 2014 Guidebook to the Top 100 Tools for Learning e-book.
Undertaking the SLPP has been like learning a language through immersion. It has radically altered my approach to my professional development, and equipped me to learn more fluidly. I am better equipped to encourage, enable and support knowledge sharing and collaboration across my organisation in new ways. Along the way I have met new people – and, I am having fun.” Michelle Ockers, Becoming a Social Learning Practitioner
HOW TO PAY
Click on the Buy Now button below, and you will be taken to a page at the PayPal site to pay.
- Select the number of participants, and click Update to generate the new payment amount.
- You can pay in two ways:
- By credit card: select Don’t have a PayPal account in the right-hand column, and complete the form with your credit card details. You can also print a receipt here too. Note: our merchant name is Tesserae Ltd, and this is the name that will appear on your credit card statement.
- By PayPal: enter your PayPal details in the box shown.
- Please provide the name and email address of each participant in the space provided.
- Click Return to Tesserae Ltd to return to this site.You will then receive an email from us with your joining instructions.
- You will then receive an email with a link and password to access the Programme materials.
- If you do not receive the email within 24 hours, please contact Jane.Hart@C4LPT.co.uk