A Social Learning Practitioner is a learning professional who encourages, enables and supports knowledge sharing and collaboration across their organisation – not just in training. He/she is a role model, leading the way by showing the business what it is to be social, and modelling the new knowledge sharing and collaboration practices that are required for the modern business to operate effectively in the modern world.
The Social Learning Practitioner Programme (SLPP) consists of 25 activities for you to do on your own or with your work team to develop your own personal social learning skills as well as work (and learn) collaboratively with your team. These activities promote network thinking, the use of social tools for self-organised professional learning, and help to develop knowledge sharing and collaboration skills. It also includes 2 x 1/2 hour Skype sessions with Jane Hart (which can be set up at any point in the programme). During the Programme you will be supported by Jane Hart as well as other participants in a private group space. Participants will also receive a Certificate of Achievement when they have demonstrated evidence of completion of the activities, so if you have already undertaken any of them before, all you need to do is evidence what you have done.
The 25 activities are based around the following topics
- Getting started [also includes an optional initial web meeting]
- Working out loud
- Professional networking
- Using Twitter [also includes an optional Twitter live chat]
- Communities of practice
- Keeping up to date
- Exploring wider educational opportunities [also includes an optional Twitter live chat]
- Performance support
- Reviewing your work [also includes an optional final web meeting]
Participants on SLPP will also receive a copy of the 2014 Guidebook to the Top 100 Tools for Learning e-book.
Undertaking the SLPP has been like learning a language through immersion. It has radically altered my approach to my professional development, and equipped me to learn more fluidly. I am better equipped to encourage, enable and support knowledge sharing and collaboration across my organisation in new ways. Along the way I have met new people – and, I am having fun.” Michelle Ockers, Becoming a Social Learning Practitioner
How to pay
Click on the Buy Now button below, and you will be taken to a page at the PayPal site to pay.
- You can pay in two ways:
- By credit card: select Don’t have a PayPal account in the right-hand column, and complete the form with your credit card details. You can also print a receipt here too. Note: our merchant name is Tesserae Ltd, and this is the name that will appear on your credit card statement.
- By PayPal: enter your PayPal details in the box shown.
- Click Return to Tesserae Ltd to return to this site.
- You will then receive an email from us, with a link and password to join the workshop group.
- If you do not receive the email within 24 hours, please contact Jane.Hart@C4LPT.co.uk