Next public workshop to be scheduled
The emerging workplace requires “learning workers” rather than “knowledge workers”, that is individuals who are “professional learners” and see this role as important as doing their job. But in this fast moving age, “learning” is no longer just about studying existing bodies of knowledge and acquiring existing skills (in formal courses) but adopting a set of learning strategies to “learn the new” and constantly discover new ideas, new thinking, new resources in order to stay up to date in your industry or profession. It’s also about evidencing what you have learned in order to promote yourself to (an existing or future) employer.
(You can read the rationale for these new skills at Modern Learning Skills for the Networked Age.)
This workshop is suitable for
Anyone who wants to acquire or refine their own modern digital learning strategies, and/or for educators and workplace learning professionals who want to consider how to help others (students, employees) to do so too.
Week 1: LEARNLOGGING: Recording and evidencing your own learning
Week 2: NETWORKING: Growing your personal learning network (PLNl)
Week 3: LEARNING THE NEW: Keeping up to date with professional interests
Week 4: KEEPING TRACK: Managing information overload and connecting the dots
About this workshop
Please note this is not a traditional online course. As it is hosted on our social platform, think of it more as a place for socializing, relationship building and learning from one another – rather than an online classroom! Each week I will release a set of reading and practical activities, and you are invited to work through them as best suits you and fits in with your working life, and then share your thinking and work with the group. Although nothing is compulsory, you will find that the more you “learn out loud” with the other participants, the more you will get out of the workshop. Also note, that all the activities are asynchronous. You will probably want to commit a couple of hours a week for this workshop, but once again it is up to you how much time you devote to it. Jane Hart will be your Learning Guide in this workshop
“Thank you for the experience! You provided a wealth of tools and allowed us to learn at our own pace based on where we are today and where we would like to go! I really appreciated and know that the tools I have discovered and adopted will continue to make a difference for me!”
- £99 pp – if you pay by credit card/PayPal, in which case use the payment instructions below and receive joining instructions within a few hours
- or £125 pp – if you require an invoice and/or want to pay by inter-bank transfer, in which case contact Jane Hart (Please note you will not receive joining instructions until full payment has been received)
To book one or more places on this Workshop using a credit card/PayPal
Click on the Buy Now button below, and you will be taken to a page at the PayPal site to pay.
- Select the number of participants, and click Update to generate the new payment amount.
- You can pay in two ways:
- By credit card: select Pay with a debit or credit card in the right-hand column, and complete the form with your credit card details. You can also print a receipt here too. Note: our merchant name is Tesserae Ltd, and this is the name that will appear on your credit card statement.
- By PayPal: enter your PayPal details in the box shown.
- Please provide the name and email address of each participant in the space provided.
- Click Return to Tesserae Ltd to return to this site.
- You will then receive an email with a link and password to access the Programme materials.
- If you do not receive the email within 24 hours, please contact email@example.com